Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Get Back to Hugging!

Here I go again, trying to start blogging after an entire year off! I am hopeful that I am now in a place to make this a weekly thing, finally. A heck of a lot has happened over this past year, so I will try to keep my words relatively brief.
I am thrilled to say that my family of 4 turned into a family of 5 last September. I gave birth to a gorgeous baby girl. This new addition has been such a joy, yet such a massive adjustment at the same time. I am lucky, however. My children are ages 9 years, 5 years, and 9 months, so at least the older siblings can brush their own teeth and dress themselves in the morning ;) How do you moms do it with yours being 1, 2 and 3 years apart?
Last November, my heart was broken when I lost my first baby, my 13 year-old Rhodesian Ridgeback, Kito. He was a beautiful and loyal hound dog. We spent a lot of time together before my husband and children came into my life, so he truly was my best friend and companion for the first 3 years of his life.
I took a pretty long maternity leave from my day job during my pregnancy. I left in mid-August of last year and returned at the beginning of February, this year. I lasted 2 months and they laid me off at the end of March. A blessing in disguise it was, to say the least. Now I can focus 100% on all of the things that are important to me: my family, my friends, my home and my dream career.
Well, now that all of that is off my chest, I can start some thoughtful discussions I am sure you will be interested in! Stay tuned and please join in the conversations. After all, it's not a hug if there's only 1 person involved :)

No comments:

Post a Comment