Monday, September 27, 2010

Hugs are Everywhere

What do you think of when you hear the word "Hug?" Do you think of an embrace? Do you think of a couple in love, seeing each other for the first time in an airport after one of them returns from a trip? Or do you think of a young child being held by their parent after scraping a knee?

Do you ever think that a hug can mean so much more than these things? Do you realize that a hug can create a mood, calm a temper, raise a spirit, or even change a life?

I had a boy friend (no, not boyfriend!) in high school who could light up my day by the way he hugged me in the quad. It didn't matter what was going on in my dramatic teenage life. If Tyler hugged me, I always felt better. Those feelings generated so many thoughts and emotions, that I carry those memories with me, even 20+ years later. It has been a true source of inspiration for me throughout the years.

You've all heard the phrase, "Hug a Tree" right? Well, hugs come in many forms. We can hug by recycling to help preserve our planet. We can hug by turning off the television and reading our child a book. We can hug by supporting a friend in need. We can hug simply by being present in a person's life.

So, how is this site going to work?
We all have life experiences. We all have struggles. We are not alone. This is a forum of support. I will begin with a topic, maybe a little background, or explanation how it relates to us, society, or just me. I will lead into a verification of fact by one of my "experts" and then into a question. I hope that you will feel empowered to join the conversation and even correct us when you feel we are in error of any statements.

Hugs are everywhere in our world. It is up to us to recognize them and their significance in our future. How do you hug?

2 comments:

  1. Super cute site Danielle! Finally got around to checking it all out! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - so cute! Now we need some babies again in our family!
    Kerry (Bob & Judy's daughter)

    ReplyDelete